3/01/2017

Local Leicestershire Wedding Photographer

When looking for a wedding photographer its always best to start with your local photographers and if you cant find what you need then start to look further a field as there are wedding photographers that will go anywhere in the uk for a wedding.


I prefer to keep to a Leicestershire weddings core area with trips into adjoining counties for Nottinghamshire weddings, Lincolnshire weddings, Northamptonshire weddings, Warwickshire weddings, Derbyshire weddings.


Keeping to a core area not only keeps my wedding photography prices low - as you are not paying any extra for me to travel but there are many other benefits associated with mainly shooting Leicestershire weddings.

I get to visit each wedding venue many times through the year and so over time I have shot weddings at most of the Leicestershire wedding venues in all kinds of weather and at all times of the year and at different times of day so when it comes to your own wedding I already know the best places for the shots without the need to spend time looking for them 
Summer Brownsover Hall wedding                                  Winter Brownsover Hall Wedding
so that on the day no time is wasted and no photo opportunities are missed, this local venue knowledge also means I don't need a second shooter helping me, and then this allows me to have a small footprint on your day.
 Here is a shot from a wedding in Bosworth at the Tithe Barn, the church in the background was where the wedding was held and because I know the venue I know that this shot is available and I was able to get there before the bride and groom in their white jag because I know the short cuts.
The Tithe Barn Bosworth Wedding
Other benefits are that the local registrars know me and know they can trust me - I've even shot a wedding for one.
The City Rooms Leicester wedding
A lot of the local priests also know me too, not all of them but many will run 2 or 3 churches.

 The staff at the Leicester wedding venues also know me and let me have keys for places that I need to be at later for a shot, rather than wasting time finding staff when I need the key, helping me to shoot quickly solo.

Other Leicestershire wedding suppliers may know me too, this can help when it comes to things like the wedding car because they know the angle that I prefer at each venue and so can quickly place the car ready for me and so saving time. 


Wedding cars at Prestwold Hall
The other advantage of shooting mainly Leicestershire weddings is that knowing back the routes, if there are any traffic hold ups I know the best way around them without a sat nav sending me into a field.  
Also the local Leicestershire area road knowledge helps me get from any bridal preparations shots to the ceremony venue quickly and then already knowing where I am going to park at the Church or venue saves time too so that I can get your prep shots and get the groom shots at the venue as well without the need for two photographers.
 When parking at the Church I know the best places so that I am not blocked in so I can make a quick getaway and be at the venue before the bride and groom, ready for a car shot before everyone else arrives or shots of the drinks before they all go.

Wedding at Sutton Bonington Hall Nottinghamshire

The below selection are all shots from the same Sutton Bonington Hall wedding with shots of bridal preparations and the lads at the Church so it looks as though there were two photographers, yet there was only one.






 You also can be reassured that if I had a wedding yesterday that I wasn't on the road for 3-4 hours last night and getting back a 3 am and then shooting your wedding with out enough sleep.
Professional wedding photographers do have contacts who can hopefully step in at the last minute but if a traveling wedding photographer is almost at the venue after a 3 hour drive and something happened that meant they could not shoot the wedding, they may well have someone to contact who could step in----but they too are 3 hours away so it could still be all over by the time they arrive.

I feel traveling 3 hours to a wedding is adding unnecessary risk, and I much prefer to be behind a camera than behind a steering wheel.

Its true that - a good experienced wedding photographer should be able to turn up to any venue and get great shots without the need to of been there before but then not everyone that shoots weddings are experienced enough to do this. 


New venues pop up from time to time that I have yet to visit but by keeping reasonably local then allows me to have our pre wedding meet at the venue.